Maker of sock critters, shaker of cocktails, baker of occasionally edible experiments involving peanut butter and chocolate. If you'd like a customised cuddly critter, tweet me @makeitwednesday



Thursday, May 5, 2011

Focus on craft

In Bangkok, buying T-shirts is a bit like breathing - you don't really notice you're doing it, it just happens somehow. T-shirt vendors line the more touristy streets and the designs are so good (and the prices so low) you can't help but buy a few every couple of days. OK, hours. I visit Thailand every year or so and have amassed a huge collection of T-shirts, but not all of them fit. Sometimes I donate those ones to charity, other times I turn em into MONSTERS! This little guy was made from a T-shirt printed with a pattern of cool retro cameras. I used part of the shirt to make the flap part of a courier-style bag (I called it my camera bag, geddit?) and used the remnants to create Mr Cameraman here. Sometimes he goes by the name Papa Razzi. You can read more about him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment