Maker of sock critters, shaker of cocktails, baker of occasionally edible experiments involving peanut butter and chocolate. If you'd like a customised cuddly critter, tweet me @makeitwednesday



Saturday, November 5, 2011

Open up and say braaaaaaaains

Appropriately enough, there were bodies everywhere at last night's opening of Esprit de Corpse, the zombie-themed art exhibition I'm holding with my undead artist pals Charlotte and Kitty. (Yes, the same show I've been banging on about for a few weeks now. Fret not, it has all come to a (severed) head and this will be the last you hear of it. Just tumour me a while longer, OK?)

Oh, and some of these pics come courtesy of my sister, Leeyong. You can read a far more reliable account of the night on her blog here.


And, courtesy of Kitty and Charlotte, you can see pics of us installing the show right through to pics of us celebraaaaining its opening here.




Why helloooooo there! These three lovely ladies would like to EAT YOUR BRAAAAAAAAINS. That's me wearing traditional Melbourne black, with the corpse-a-licious Charlotte in blue and gore-geous Kitty in envy-inducing green.




Kitty gazed lovingly at the dead bird on my head.
'Egad!' I cried, 'there's a dismembered My Little Pony upon your noggin!'





My colleague Michael and I rose up from a particularly hellish grave.
Well, OK, from the office. Same thing.





Prior to the show opening, Kitty gave me two black eyes. Luckily Clive, my bodyguard, turned up to prevent any more. It was just like in that crap film with Whitney Houston. Who's up for a rousing rendition of 'I will always love yooooooooou'? No, me either. I prefer the way more romantic 'Til death do us part - and then we shall return as zombies!' which was on someone's iPod shuffle...heh.





Lans tried to blend in with the artwork.



So did our Zombie Burlesque lass...





...Who kicked off her heels, one of which landed in the wall and stayed there.
Take that, Hollywood special effects!





Charlotte convinced the crowd she was bloody innocent.
Kitty didn't look so certain.





By the end of the night I had truly suffered for my art.

Now it's your turn.

If you missed opening night, you've got another fortnight to see the show at

Egg Gallery, 66a Johnston Street, Collingwood.


No comments:

Post a Comment