Maker of sock critters, shaker of cocktails, baker of occasionally edible experiments involving peanut butter and chocolate. If you'd like a customised cuddly critter, tweet me @makeitwednesday



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Legging it to Purple Peanuts





RAH!!!



I AM TAKOYAKI THE MIGHTY OCTOPUS!



BEHOLD MY MULTI-COLOURED TENTACLES OF DOOOOOM!



Um, yes. What he said.



This guy was commissioned by Peter at Purple Peanuts Japanese Cafe (620 Collins Street, Melbourne, just near Spencer Street. I recommend the vegie curry... and the handrolls...and the onigiri...the noodles are also good...basically you can't go wrong, as proven by the long queue that forms out the door at lunch time. Om nom nom delicious. The food, not the queue!)

Peter bought a few critters from me last year to display in his cafe, but recently asked me for "something bigger and not so cute" and this is what I came up with. Takoyaki's legs have pipecleaners in them so they're poseable, and I reckon his fangs put him easily into the "not so cute" category. I'll post another pic of him in the cafe once he's been installed. Oh, and if you were wondering - Takoyaki is Japanese for 'octopus balls'!



No comments:

Post a Comment